Association Social Integration Center is trying to develop communication between different types of society. Center develops integration process, trying to avoid exclusion between nationalities, different types of societies. Center initiates cooperation between local and national organizations.
We implement projects aimed: motivating young people for the successful recruitment, volunteering; help people of the third countries to integrate to Lithuanian society, labour market. We have experienced in discrimination reduction, prevention of social problems in the labour market, families in crisis situations.
Our strategic partner is Siauliai County Probation Service. Siauliai County Probation Service and the Social Integration Center signed a cooperation agreement. The purpose of this contract – to provide assistance to persons in the Probation Service Register (especially released from the prison and juvenile) to help them deal with the social and psychological problems, improve their integration into the community (that is, generally acceptable pro social skills and (or) education) and labour market opportunities, promote community involvement (volunteering) Customer resocialization process in various forms to promote the Lithuanian population, governments, employers’ cooperation in reducing clients, their family members discrimination.
Social Integration Centers goals
- To implement different activities varying from educational, informative fields to profession orientation, qualification raising to various age groups.
- Activities focusing on socially isolated groups.
- Working with different socially excluded groups.
Social Integration Centers main activities are:
- to motivate NGOs and state institutions to cooperate; creation of cooperation networks;
- to organise a preventive work among people with social risk;
- to organise and provide target group and its family members with social and material help, discrimination reduction, prevention of social problems in the labour market;
- to apply for different European Union and other funds with the main purpose to implement projects focusing on main target groups: former prisoners, convicted people;
- motivating young people for the successful recruitment, volunteering;
- help people of the third countries (not ES) to integrate to Lithuanian society, labour market.